The Alton Public Library will be having Babygarten programs on Wednesday mornings at
10:00 am beginning January 25. Our eight week session will continue through March 15. Parents, grandparents and caregivers are invited to attend with children age 0 – 3 years old.
Adult Book Club
The adult book club will meet on Tuesday, January 31 at 6:30 pm. This month we are reading the book All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. Copies are available for you to pick up at our library.
Winter Reading Program
The adult winter reading program began on January 10. Each time you read a book, enter your name into the final drawing. You will earn a prize after reading 10 books. Stop by today and pick up your reading log. Program continues through March 31.
Preschool Story Time
Preschool story time programs have begun at the Alton Public Library. Come join the fun as we read stories, sing songs, and make crafts! Programs will also be held on January 18, February 1, 8, 15, March 1, 8, 15, 22, April 5, 12, 19 and May 3, 10. All sessions are held from 10:30 – 11:30 am.
Playing Cards at Alton Public Library
The Alton Public Library would like to invite all adults interested in playing cards to come on Tuesday afternoonsat 1:30 pm. Cards and hot beverages are provided. Games played will be decided by those attending. All ages welcome to attend this weekly program!
New Large Print Books:
- Someone Like You by Victoria Bylin
- Sea Rose Lane by Irene Hannon
- A Beauty Refined by Tracie Peterson
- Heart and Soul by Maeve Binchy
- Ice Cold by Tess Gerritsen
- I Still Dream About You by Fannie Flagg
- First Comes Love by Emily Giffin
- Mrs. Lee & Mrs. Gray by Dorothy Love
- The Second Half by Lauraine Snelling
- The Art of Losing Yourself by Katie Ganshert
- Rushing Waters by Danielle Steel
- Downfall by J. A. Jance
- A Love Transformed by Tracie Peterson
- The Nosy Neighbor by Fern Michaels