The Babygarten program will begin this week Wednesday, January 25 at 10:00 am. Our eight week session will continue through March 15. Parents, grandparents and caregivers are invited to attend with children age 0 – 3 years old.
Adult Book Club
The adult book club will meet on Tuesday, January 31 at 6:30 pm. This month we are reading the book All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. Copies are available for you to pick up at our library.
Preschool Story Time
Preschool story time programs have begun at the Alton Public Library. Come join the fun as we read stories, sing songs, and make crafts! Programs will be held on February 1, 8, 15, March 1, 8, 15, 22, April 5, 12, 19 and May 3, 10. All sessions are held from 10:30 – 11:30 am.
Winter Reading Program
The adult winter reading program began on January 10. Each time you read a book, enter your name into the final drawing. You will earn a prize after reading 10 books. Stop by today and pick up your reading log. Program continues through March 31.
New Large Print Books:
- The Wish by Beverly Lewis
- The Loyal Heart by Shelley Shepard Gray
- Close to Home by Deborah Raney
- Sweet Tomorrows by Debbie Macomber
- Outlaw Town by David Robbins, Frontier: Powder River by S. K. Salzer
- The Big Showdown by Mickey Spillane
- Preacher’s Bloodbath by William W. Johnstone
- This Road We Traveled by Jane Kirkpatrick
- The Occupied by Craig Parshall
- From This Day Forward by Lauraine Snelling
- Escape Clause by John Sandford
- The Award by Danielle Steel
- The Whistler by John Grisham.