Thank You to all those who checked out books and signed up for the Christmas drawings! Congratulations to the winners: Malaika Evans, Sammy Morales, Carter Peterson, and Patti Steffes.
The Alton Public Library will be closing at noon on Saturday, December 31 and will not be open on New Year’s Day and Monday, January 2.
Preschool Story Time
Preschool story time programs will begin Wednesday, January 4 at 10:30 am at the Alton Public Library. Come join the fun as we read stories, sing songs, and make crafts! Programs will also be held on January 11, 18, February 1, 8, 15, March 1, 8, 15, 22, April 5, 12, 19 and May 3, 10.
The Alton Public Library will be having Babygarten programs on Wednesday mornings at 10:00 am beginning January 25. Our eight week session will continue through March 15. Parents, grandparents and caregivers are invited to attend with children age 0 – 3 years old.
Popular Adult Fiction
As we look back at 2016, the following titles are some of the adult books checked out most at the Alton Public Library:
- When We Were Sisters by Emilie Richards
- The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
- Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
- What We Find by Robyn Carr
- Mending Places by Denise Hunter
- All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
- Montana Legacy by R. C. Ryan
- A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks
- 15th Affair by James Patterson
- After She’s Gone by Lisa Jackson
- Beneath the Shadows by Sara Foster
- Brush of Wings by Karen Kingsbury
- The Crossing by Michael Connelly
- Extreme Prey by John Sandford.
The adult non-fiction books that were popular in 2016:
- Gitchie Girl by Phil Hamman
- The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Teens by Sean Covey
- Slightly Bad Girls of the Bible by Liz Curtis Higgs
- Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End by Atul Gawande
- Half the Sky by Nicholas Kristof
- National Parks of America by Amy C. Balfour
- The Pioneer Woman Cooks by Ree Drummond
- Guide to National Parks of the U.S. by George Fuller
- Rise of ISIS by Jay Sekulow
- Six Sisters’ Stuff
- Ultimate Star Wars by Patricia Barr