The Alton Public Library will be having Babygarten programs on Wednesday mornings
at 10:00 am. Our eight week session runs from January 25 through March 15. Parents, grandparents and caregivers are invited to attend with children age 0 – 3 years old.
Preschool Story Time
Come join the fun as we read stories, sing songs, and make crafts! Programs will be held on February 1, 8, 15, March 1, 8, 15, 22, April 5, 12, 19 and May 3, 10. All sessions are held from 10:30 – 11:30 am.
An afterschool workshop will be held on Friday, February 3 from 1:30 – 3:30 pm. All children in grades K – 6th are invited to join this educational program “Too Good for Drugs” led by Cheryl Bunstma of Compass Pointe. It will include activities from the 4H Spy Kit which reinforce the skills necessary to help keep students safe, make good decisions, and learn about resources in their community to support positive choices.
Winter Reading Program
The adult winter reading program began on January 10. Each time you read a book, enter your name into the final drawing. You will earn a prize after reading 10 books. Stop by today and pick up your reading log. Program continues through March 31.
New Large Print Books:
- The Cottage by Michael Phillips
- A Sister’s Wish by Shelley Shepard Gray
- No Man’s Land by David Baldacci
- Cross the Line by James Patterson
- An Amish Family Christmas by Shelley Shepard Gray
- Long Way Gone by Charles Martin
- Filthy Rich by James Patterson
- The Mistress by Danielle Steel
- The Bones of Paradise by Jonis Agee
- Christmas in the Lone Star State by Jason Manning
- News of the World by Paulette Jiles
- A Colorado Christmas by William W. Johnstone.