Building Permits and Plat Plans
Building Permit Application Instructions
Applications must be submitted 10 working days prior to start of project
Fees for permits issued after construction begins, shall double.
An application for New Construction, Addition, Dismantling, or Moving Permit shall be filed with the Zoning Administrator and Code Enforcer. The application shall include the following:
- Date application was filed.
- Application Number will be assigned by the Zoning Administrator.
- Name and address of the Owner/Applicant.
- If the applicant is not the legal owner of the property, a statement that the applicant is the authorized agent of the owner.
- Name of Builder or Contractor.
- Address or legal description of the project location. Include the following:
- Lot #
- Block #
- Addition Name
- Zoning District
- Check one classification of work. New, Addition, Dismantle or Other.
- Give a brief description of the proposed improvement or use.
- Improvement valuation and fee will be determined by the Code Enforcement Officer.
- Permit fee must be paid before permit is issued.
Plat Plan Instructions
The second page of the permit application is the Plat Plan information. Please include all of the following information:
- Show footage from existing lot lines, front, side and rear.
- Show size of lot and building dimensions or addition to be constructed.
- List building materials to be used such as exterior siding, roofing materials etc. Corrugated metal, tin or sheet metal is not permitted in residential zoning districts.
- A detailed floor plan along with front and side elevation views must be submitted for all new construction.
Sign the front page of the permit and return it to the Zoning Administrator & Code Enforcement Officer for review.