Rezoning Application Process
A change in zoning may be initiated by:
- Planning & Zoning commission
- City Council
- Owner or authorized agent of property for which rezoning is proposed.
Application for Rezoning initiated by property owner:
- Include the following data and maps (Information and form from Zoning Administrator)
- Name and address
- Address and legal description of the property
- If applicant is not the legal owner, the application must include a statement from the owner that the applicant is the authorized agent.
- Map of proposed area and surrounding area showing existing streets and property lines, and existing and proposed boundaries.
- Property address of each lot and the name and mailing address of the owner of each lot within 300 feet of the property.
- The application must include the $80.00 fee.
- The Planning & Zoning Commission will hold a public hearing 25 days after the filing of the application. The council shall review the application and make a recommendation to the City Council.
- The City Council will hold a public hearing not more than 25 days following the Planning & Zoning Commissions recommendation. If the Council approves the change, the Zoning map will be amended. The Council must approve the change by a three-fifths vote if adjoining property owners contest the change. If the Council denies the application, it cannot modify the recommendation of the Planning & Zoning Commission until it has considered a report from the comm